Due to changes in ASA structure it has become necessary for the club to streamline the organisation of ‘Open Meet’ competitions. Cathie and Al Farquharson have kindly volunteered and will now be responsible for the organisation of these competitions.
For those of you who don’t know an ‘Open Meet’ is an away event where the children compete independently in their age groups against other swimmers from any number of other clubs.
All other events will continue to be organised as before.
‘Open Meets’ that are supported by the club i.e. coaches and or team managers will be present, will be advertised on the Club Notice Board and the Open Meet section of the clubs website. The suitability of meets and for which level of swimmers they are aimed will be indicated.
The committee and the Head Coach, will decide which meets will be supported to give swimmers the best qualifying opportunities. We hope in the future to have a calendar of events up to a year in advance.
In order to ensure all parents are clear, ‘Open Meets’ will be organised as follows:
– Open Meet events will be advertised well in advance on the Club Notice Board and website.
– Forms for the event will be in a plastic wallet below the Meet information or are downloadable from the website.
– The closing date will be clearly indicated; fully completed forms and full payment will be required by this date.
– NO LATE FORMS OR PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
-Payment needs to be made by cheque initially (we are hoping to organise on-line Club payments soon) strictly no cash payments and cheques payable to ‘Paignton Swimming Club’
– Forms and payments need to be handed to Cathie or Al Farquharson (Parents of Alec,Iona and Aela) or can be handed to Jan Alden (Sam’s Mum) at her desk on a Friday evening.
Any queries please just ask or email
Paignton Swimming Club